Campina Ice Cream released new product “LuVe Litee”, claimed to be the first vegan-friendly/diet-friendly/diabetic-friendly ice cream in Indonesia (Check out the url http://food.detik.com/read/2011/11/08/160654/1763064/294/campina-perkenalkan-luve-litee)
This product said to have 3 advantages compared to other “usual” ice cream :
- Non-Dairy. They use Soya-based instead of cow Milk.
- Low Fat. it goes by Soy-bean advantage.
- Vegan-Friendly. Because other Ingredients are Soya Protein, Vegetable fat, and Vegetable emulsifier.
(I’m reading the ingredient at the moment found no words that refer to non-veggies)
So Far, I have tried Raspberry Rosella.
my review on this :
- Packaging 110 ml is just sufficient enough for 1-2 servings. It’s easily hand-carry for picnic, and save lots of space inside freezer. Plus, it has (bonus)plastic spoon hidden inside the cap.
- (Maybe because it doesn’t contain dairy product) It melts very quickly in the room temperature. It only took less than 3 minutes since I started my first spoon till some of it melted.
- The taste was surprising. Raspberry, I tried. Rosella, I tried the tea. but combination of two is really unique. Plus, there’s one hidden surprise inside the ice cream, it looks like Raspberry Jam (or whatever, I can not describe).
- Sweetness, however, is the turning point. While they claimed it to be Diet-Friendly, it tasted TOO sweet. I wouldn’t lie, it’s actually sweeter than any same taste ordinary dairy ice cream I have tasted. The Ingredient said Sugar, not some Aspartame or other Fake Sugar, which means it’s the Real Deal. So, I doubt if it’s still suitable for diabetic-consumers.
I’m trying the other 2 flavors, I hope it reaches my expectation.
After All, Who doesn’t want Healthy-Tasty-Free of Guilt- Ice Cream?